You asked, we answered. We're back with more recipes to get you inspired in the kitchen this summer.
We share tips for cooking a more traditional burger later this month, but we thought it'd be fun to kick things off with a vegetarian-friendly black bean burger. Or, in this case, the perfect black bean burger.
There are only FIVE ingredients in this pattied piece of perfection because the Perfect Burger blend can carry most of the flavor weight. You can even premake these on Sundays for the ultimate summer meal prep recipe.
How to Make the Perfect Black Bean Burger
Ingredients (makes two burgers)
- 2 buns of your choice
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 egg (or a flax egg to make it vegan)
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (regular or gluten-free will work)
- 2 teaspoons of The Spice Guy Perfect Burger blend
- toppings of your choice — we did avocado and salsa or fresh tomato, but any of your typical favorite burger toppings will work well.
- Drain and rinse can of black beans, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until you have desired consistency.
- Grate 1/4 of onion into a bowl. Add egg, breadcrumbs and Perfect Burger blend. Mix well.
- Form mixture into two patties.
- Heat skillet to medium heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Add burgers and cook for 6 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- Toast buns (optional, but not really) and serve.