Grab a bottle of tequila and your slow cooker, friends. It's taco time.
Our newest blend Tinga Tomorrow is the ultimate secret weapon for perfect slow cooker tacos every time. Its smoky-spicy tomato flavor is a great way to spice up your weeknights without much effort.
Just think — you can set it tonight and have tinga tomorrow.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 2-2.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, patted dry
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. The Spice Guy Tinga Tomorrow blend
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Street taco tortillas (we used corn)
- Optional Toppings — cilantro, cotija cheese, avocado, sour cream, etc.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- While pan is heating, cover chicken breasts on both sides in 1 Tbsp. of Tinga Tomorrow blend.
- Add chicken to skillet and sear 1-2 minutes on both sides to lock in flavor for slow cooker.
- Add diced onion to bottom of the slow cooker, top with seared chicken.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock and remaining 1 Tbsp. of Tinga Tomorrow. (Add more if you prefer more spice)
- Slow cook on slow for 6 hours or high for 3.5.
- When finished, open lid, shred chicken with two forks and mix with liquid. Recover and cook on high for at least 30 more minutes.
- Drain excess liquid if needed. Serve on tortillas with optional toppings.