If you love shrimp, scallops, butter and garlic, this seafood pasta is for you!
Shrimp & Scallop Pasta
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
A buttery garlic wine sauce pairs with shrimp and scallops in this easy dish. Add some pasta and dinner is served!
1 lb scallops, fresh or thawed
12 oz of pasta
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large or 12 medium shrimp, fresh or thawed
- 3 or 4 cloves minced garlic
- chopped Italian, flat leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
2 to 3 oz of butter
1/3 cup dry white wine (you can substitute seafood stock or broth if you'd like)
1 Tablespoons of Lemon Thyme White Fish
lemon slices to serve
- Remove after 10 minutes and place on a rack to dry.
- Next, put a large pot of well salted water on to boil for the pasta. Once the pasta goes in, set a timer for 7 minutes before the pasta will be ready (according to package instructions.)
- Make sure the scallops are dry. If they are not, pat them dry with a paper towel. When the timer goes off, put a large cast iron pan on high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
When the pan and oil are very hot, add the scallops and sear them for about 1 1/2 minutes before adding the shrimp, garlic, Lemon Thyme White Fish, and parsley.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, then turn the scallops and shrimp and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes. Next, add the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan; turn the heat down just to keep it warm.
- Add the butter and stir to melt. Add some freshly ground black pepper, if desired, then taste the sauce or a piece of seafood and add salt if needed.
Now Drain your pasta and add pasta directly to the sauce.