You can grill SALADS ????
Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Our grilled romaine salad is everything you love about a classic Caesar salad (crisp croutons, lemony zip, a piling of parmesan, and yes, the grilled romaine maintains its crunch!), but with a subtly smoky, barely charred, slightly spicy twist.
2 Romaine hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
2 ozParmesan cheese, shaved
1Red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cupWhite vinegar
3 tbsp Sugar
1 TSP RED PEPPER FLAKES
5 All spice berries
3 Whole cloves
2 Slices dark bread, such as rye, rye-sourdough or pumpernickel
2 tbsp Olive oil, for brushing
3/4 cup Extra light olive oil
1 tbsp Anchovy paste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
Juice from 1 lemon, to taste
Spicy Caesar Dressing
- Place thinly sliced red onion, white vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, all spice berries, bay leaf and cloves in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Let onion mixture cool completely in pan. Once cooled place in an airtight container and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Bread Crumbs/ Croutons
- Brush both sides of bread with olive oil. Place oiled bread on a baking sheet and broil both sides for 1 minute.
- Break bread into large chunks and transfer to a small food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form.
- Place soft crumbs in a small, dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toast crumbs until dry and crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
Spicy Caesar Dressing
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor or blender. Blend until fully mixed.
Grilled Romaine Salad
- Turn your grill on to medium-low heat. Brush cut side of romaine heart with olive oil and place face down on hot grill. Let them stand for 2-4 minutes without moving them to ensure nice grill marks. Using tongs flip romaine over and grill for 2 minutes longer. Remove from grill onto serving platter or individual plates.
- Top each slice of romaine with a few pickled onions, a good amount of dressing and bread crumbs.