Nothing beats a cold pasta salad on a warm summer day!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 3 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 heaping cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula
1 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup minced parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
¼ cup olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions
Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, Herbs de Provence, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Drain the pasta, toss it with a little olive oil (so that it doesn’t stick together) and let it cool to room temp. Transfer to a large bowl with the tomatoes, chickpeas, arugula, cucumbers, feta cheese, basil, parsley, mint, and pine nuts. Pour the dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with more lemon, salt, pepper, and/or a drizzle of olive oil, if desired, and serve.