It's CHILI season!
Oh, Hush Chili
Chili is an all time favorite, come fall and winter thousands of people make it every day! And for good reason, this is the best crockpot chili around! It’s packed with protein and incredibly flavorful, plus it’s a dinner everyone can agree on.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies*
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
3 Tbsp Oh, Hush Chili
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large and deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 3 minutes, then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Pour onions into a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker (I like this oneHERE).
- Return skillet to medium-high eat, add beef and cook stirring occasionally until beef has browned.
- Drain most of fat from beef, leaving about 2 Tbsp in with beef (this is optional, I think it ads flavor but you can drain it all if you'd prefer). Pour browned beef into slow cooker.
Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and Oh, Hush Chili (Feel free to throw some more in if wanted!)
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 - 6 hours.
- Stir in dark and light red kidney beans and allow to heat through, about 2 minutes. Serve warm with desired toppings.